Kosher Living: Health & Safety FairPosted: November 13, 2012
Updates keep coming on this weekend’s Kosher Living Health & Safety Fair, which will be held this Sunday, Nov. 18, from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Phoenix Hebrew Academy.
There will be a variety of health and wellness opportunities – including a 12:30 p.m. Zumba class by the VOSJCC – keynote speakers (Topics include “Raising Confident Children,” “Water Safety” and “How we Became Kosher Vegans”), children’s activities (a petting zoo from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., carnival games, crafts with PJ Library) and a Healthy Kosher Eating sampling buffet.
Here are some updates of featured items of the sampling buffet, which is partially sponsored by the Greater Phoenix Vaad Hakashruth:
- FOMZ, a nondairy fruit-based replacement for whipped cream
- Alpine Valley Breads will distribute a free loaf of Nine Grain Organic Bread to the first 300 people (RSVP to reserve one – 1 per household).
- Tomchei Shabbat will be holding a food drive – bring a nonperishable food item to the fair, which will be distributed by Tomchei Shabbat to local families.
- Some of the local companies that will be providing food are: Karsh’s Bakery, King Solomon’s Pizza, Levi Catering, Segal’s Oasis Grill, Scottsdale Cafe and a new company, Healthy Kosher Cactus which is celebrating its grand opening at the fair.
- TIPS, the Jewish Federation of Tuscon, Phoenix, and Seattle, is sponsoring a children’s story hour at 3 p.m. with Dr. Adina Bar-el who is visiting from Moshav Nir and has published 18 children’s books. She speaks English, Hebrew, and Yiddish. Story hour will be in English with a touch of Hebrew.
- A limited supply of Levana Kirschenbaum’s new cookbook “The Whole Foods Kosher Kitchen” will be available for sale at 25 percent off the list price.
Come visit the Jewish News booth at the fair and click here to see the schedule.